Do I need a special event permit or a right of way permit?

A Special Event Permit is a non-construction related full closure of any portion of a right of way. 

A right of way permit, or street use permit, is issued directly from Traffic Engineering, and is typically for a partial closure of a right of way, street, parking lane or sidewalk for a short-term basis, and typically for a construction project. 

If you have any questions about which permit to obtain, you may contact Traffic Engineering for more information and they can assist you. 

Show All Answers

1. How can I determine if my event is a "Special Event?"
2. How can I find more information if I'm interested in hosting a Special Event?
3. Do I need a special event permit or a right of way permit?
4. What if I have questions before I submitting a special event an application?
5. What is the time frame for submitting a special event application?
6. What fees are required for a special event permit?
7. When are special event permit fees due?
8. What if my special event is cancelled?
9. How do I determine if my special event needs insurance?
10. What final action will be taken with my special event application?