How do I annex into the city?
Annexation is the process to add unincorporated areas into the City limits. Annexations must be adjacent to existing City limits and meet criteria established by State law. Annexations can be done by petition by property owners, a vote by registered voters, or a petition of voters and property owners. If the City Council accepts the annexation, the proposal can proceed under either the petition method or election process.

More information on the annexation process is outlined at the Municipal Research Services Center for Washington.

Please contact the Planning Department at 425-257-8731 to schedule a meeting to discuss the annexation process and to receive the Notice of Intent Form which initiates the annexation request.Municipal Research Services Center for Washington

Show All Answers

1. How do I determine how my property is zoned?
2. How do I conduct a business from my home?
3. How do I learn about proposed developments?
4. How do I get on Everett's Register of Historic Places?
5. What triggers a State Environmental Policy Act Review (SEPA)?
6. How can I learn what signs are allowed on my property?
7. How can I subdivide my property?
8. How can I find out more about the Everett smelter site?
9. How do I annex into the city?