Do I need a permit to remove a tree on my property?

A Public Works permit is not needed for removal of the tree itself.  However, a Public Works permit is needed for additional construction in the right-of-way such as replacement of damaged sidewalk, etc.  A Traffic Street Use (TSU) is required if you need temporary closure of the right of way in order to accomplish the removal of the tree (sidewalk closure, parking lane closure, vehicular travel lane closure, or need of a dumpster). Always check with the Planning Division to determine if the tree can be removed. In some cases, you may need an assessment and/or the tree may be a required landscaping in order to meet code and may need replacement planting. If required by code, a Public Works permit is typically issued for code compliance and inspection. When removing a tree, always take precaution when there are powerlines or other utilities in the area. Call 8-1-1 before you dig.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get a construction permit?
2. What is the permitting process?
3. When do I need a permit?
4. How much does a permit cost?
5. Do I need a permit to remove a tree on my property?
6. Do I need a permit to put up a fence?
7. What are the requirements for building an accessory dwelling unit (ADU or DADU) on my property?
8. How do I convert my house into an Adult Family Home?
9. How do I get a WABO inspection?
10. Is my property connected to sewer?
11. What type of permit do I need for an espresso stand?
12. How to I get a mechanical permit?
13. How do I get an electrical permit?
14. How do I get a plumbing permit?
15. When the Fire Department requires retroactive alarms, what do I need to do?
16. How can I find my property line?
17. When will my permit be ready, and what is the status?
18. What is the structural design criteria for the City of Everett?
19. What is required to apply for a permit?
20. Do I need to hire a design professional to do the plans?
21. What are the garage or accessory building requirements?
22. How close to the property line can I build?
23. How do I get a permit for change of occupancy?
24. What submittal items do I need for a portable building (e.g. school portable)?
25. How long does it take for my permit to be reviewed & issued?
26. Can I act as my own contractor?
27. When will my permit expire?
28. Can I get electric power to the job site?
29. How do I get a gas service line?
30. How do I reset my password on the Online Permitting Portal
31. How do I retrieve my username for the Online Permitting Portal?