How do I get a public defender?

You have the right to have an attorney represent you if you have been charged with a crime that includes a potential jail sentence. If you cannot afford an attorney, you may screen to see if you qualify for a court appointed public defender. The Office of Public Defense holds screenings at the Everett Municipal Court on Wednesdays and Fridays during the arraignment calendar. You can contact their office at 425-388-3500 if you wish to screen prior to your arraignment date. If you do not qualify for a court appointed attorney, you may choose to privately hire an attorney to represent you. By law, court staff cannot give legal advise or refer you to an attorney.

Show All Answers

1. How do I continue my case?
2. How do I get a public defender?
3. How do I take care of a warrant for my arrest?