How do I get a hydrant use permit?

The permit needs to be filled out at the Everett Utility Center, 3101 Cedar Street, Everett, WA 98201. Open Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. A check made out to the City of Everett for a water meter is required as deposit. There is also a monthly fee for use of the equipment. Please contact the Utility Billing office at (425) 257-8999 for the current fee schedule. Once the permit is complete and a deposit check is on file you will receive the water meter, hydrant wrench, garden hose adapter (if requested) and fire hose to access the water. Hydrant Permits allow you to pull from any hydrant within the city limits as long as they are not within a mile of a medical facility. After the meter and equipment is returned in good working order, your deposit will be mailed to you less charges for water used. Alternatively you can provide your own water truck and have it inspected, by appointment, at 3101 Cedar Street. After inspection and deposit you will be provided a magnetic permit that allows water to be drawn from any hydrant on our list of approved hydrants. If you have any questions please call or email Salina Haugen, 425-257-7264,

Show All Answers

1. How do I reserve street parking?
2. I want to film in a traffic lane. How do I get a permit for that?
3. When is my production required to hire uniformed police officers for assistance/ security?
4. How do I hire off-duty officers?
5. Do I have permission to film Everett Police and their equipment? How do I get permission?
6. How do I receive assistance (including pyrotechnics or Class C Special Effects permission) from the Everett Fire Department?
7. What are the hours of filming in the City?
8. How do I get a hydrant use permit?
9. Can I film in Everett using a drone or mini-helicopter?
10. What is the public benefit?