The City’s outreach efforts are geared toward the goal of making sure every Everett resident who lives near a photo enforcement camera is aware of their presence and location. To this end, the following outreach is being carried out before cameras are activated:
- Clear and easy-to-read signage
- Presentations at neighborhood meetings
- Public surveys and questionnaires
- Mailings and door hangers to residents
- Meetings with community groups and other stakeholders
- Additional public meetings and information sessions
In analyzing the locations and approaches for photo enforcement, staff chose the locations with the highest number of crashes with citations for failure to obey the signal.