EVERETT, Wash. – Visitors and residents are invited to Everett’s annual Wintertide, a multi-week holiday celebration. Festivities begin on Friday, Nov. 24 and Saturday, Nov. 25 with the City’s Wintertide kickoff celebration in downtown Everett. The kickoff celebration features a large outdoor makers market and other downtown shopping promotions, a large scale tree lighting ceremony presided over by Santa, snow machines, live holiday entertainment and Santa photos in the Historic Theatre, reindeer selfies and more.
“I'm thrilled that Wintertide has evolved into a cherished tradition, and a source of joy for both visitors and locals,” said Cassie Franklin, mayor of the City of Everett. “We plan to build upon our event offerings each year, so there will be opportunities for all to experience some holiday magic.”
Following the Wintertide kickoff celebration are several weeks of fun holiday events, including:
- Downtown Everett’s Shop Small event on Small Business Saturday, Nov. 25, featuring great deals at downtown businesses.
- The Port’s Holiday on the Bay is Saturday, Dec. 2, featuring boatloads of fun for the whole family.
- Wintertide at the Village on Casino Road on December 8, featuring an evening of music, stories, food and community.
- The Downtown Everett Association, in partnership with the City of Everett, is adding additional holiday lights downtown, including 6-foot snowflakes over Colby Avenue and more tree lighting along Colby. The Evergreen Arboretum will also throw its free Wintertide Lights walk-through displays for the community to enjoy.
- The popular community ice skating rink at Pacific Rim Plaza returns to the Everett waterfront thanks to a partnership between the Port of Everett and Pacific Ice. The rink is set to open on Nov. 25; tickets are available at portofeverett.com/pacificice.
More information and a complete list of events and schedules can be found at visiteverett.com/wintertide.