NOTICE OF FUNDING AVAILABILITY - 2022 HUMAN NEEDS FUNDS
Applications for organizations wishing to apply for 2022 City of Everett Human Needs funds are now available in Amplifund, the City’s new grant management software program. We are pleased to launch this software designed to streamline the application, award, and grant process.
The City anticipates approximately $450,000 will be available for Human Needs funds for projects meeting the basic needs of Everett residents. Per Everett Municipal Code Title 2, Chapter 93, Section 010, Citizens’ Advisory Committee, grant funds must meet the following criteria:
a. Only agencies who qualify for IRS 501(c)(3) nonprofit status may apply for funding;
b. Priority consideration shall be given to those programs which apply requested funds to a direct public service rather than to the administration of a program;
c. Consideration shall be given to the size of the population who will benefit from a program or service; and
d. Agencies receiving human needs funding are not eligible for funding from another city of Everett funding source for the same program in any given year.
PRIORITIES FOR FUNDING
The priorities are identified below and were established by the Citizens’ Advisory Committee on September 21, 2021. All applications must meet these priorities and the basic evaluation criteria to be considered for funding.
- Creation of new units for low-income households and special needs populations (traditionally disadvantaged) groups
- Housing financial assistance
- Housing rehabilitation
- Legal aid for housing mediation
- Mental health services
- Employment services focusing on
- Job training
- Job retention
- Homeless health, mental health, substance abuse and other support services
- Homeless housing and emergency shelter
- Homeless food services
Organizations submitting applications for programs that do not meet these priorities may still apply, however applications meeting priority needs will be considered first for funding. Please contact Vicki Dorway at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions on your program’s eligibility.
It is anticipated that requests for 2022 funds will exceed Everett's available resources and the process for funding may be highly competitive. To enhance your organization’s chances of receiving funding it is essential that your application be clear, concise, and well organized.
The Human Needs funds are eligible for reimbursement for expenses incurred between January 1, 2022 until December 31, 2022. If awarded funding, all funds must be expended within the 2022 calendar year and cannot be carried over to the following year.
REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR AMPLIFUND
For organizations registering in Amplifund for the first time, create an applicant portal account by going to the City’s Grant Opportunities webpage at https://everettwa.gov/2774/Grant-Opportunities and clicking the “2022 Human Needs Funding Opportunity” link.
- This will launch Amplifund where you can click “Sign In” and then “Register” to create an account.
- Create one Amplifund applicant portal account for the entire organization.
- The first user to register automatically becomes the Organization Administrator and can add other staff as needed to become users in the organization’s portal account.
- It is strongly encouraged for each user to also register for an Amplifund ZenDesk account which provides guides, FAQs, instructional videos, and more. This is a separate registration.
- Prior to applying, please have all application documentation available in an electronic format for uploading into Amplifund.
- Once signed in to Amplifund, locate the “2022 City of Everett Human Needs” grant opportunity. When ready, click “Apply.
- The application can be printed, however only applications submitted through the Amplifund applicant portal will be considered for funding.
- Enter information into the application in Amplifund. It does not need to be completed in one setting, work can be saved and returned to later.
- Staff assigned as users under the organizational account can also review and edit applications.
- Only the primary Administrator should submit the finalized application. Please verify and confirm all information before submission. City staff are limited in allowing for edits to the submitted application. Any unsubmitted or incorrect information that is unable to be addressed in the limited time for application changes may result in application denial.
- Organizations can submit multiple applications in Amplifund. Each application can have a different Administrator but should still be under the primary organizational account.
Please visit the City’s grant management software webpage at https://everettwa.gov/2769/Grant-Management-Software for information on registering in Amplifund, training materials, and Frequently Asked Questions.
All applications must be received in Amplifund by Friday, November 12, 2021 at 12:00 p.m. (Noon) at which time the opportunity to apply will close. Paper applications will not be accepted.
PROPOSED APPLICATION AND FUNDING SCHEDULE (dates subject to change)
- October 18th – November 12th: Open application period
- November 12th : Applications due by 12:00pm (Noon)
- December 7th : Citizen Advisory Committee Public Hearing and Funding Recommendations
- December 8th : Citizen Advisory Committee Public Hearing and Funding Recommendations (if needed)
- January 2022: City Council Recommendation Review and ActionFor general questions on the application and Human Needs Funds, please contact email@example.com. Information on Human Needs funds is available on the City’s website at https://everettwa.gov/2111/Human-Needs-Grants.
The City of Everett is an equal housing opportunity agency. The City will, upon request, provide translators for non-English speaking and hearing impaired residents. The City strives to accommodate individuals with disabilities, please contact Vicki Dorway at (425) 257-7185 or email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, if special accommodations are needed.