October 4, 2021
NOTICE OF FUNDING AVAILABILITY
2022 COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT (CDBG), AFFORDABLE HOUSING TRUST FUNDS (AHTF 2060), AND HOME INVESTMENT PROGRAM FUNDS TO BENEFIT LOW- AND MODERATE-INCOME HOUSEHOLDS
Application forms are available for organizations wishing to apply for 2022 City of Everett Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds, Affordable Housing Trust Funds (AHTF 2060), and HOME Investment Partnership Program (HOME) funds.
The following are estimated amounts anticipated to be available by funding source:
- CDBG - $850,000
- HOME - $350,000
- AHTF - $135,000
CDBG and HOME funding amounts are subject to change depending on allocation from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for City of Everett’s CDBG Entitlement Funds and HOME funds from the Consortium. Proposed activities must meet statutory requirements and must be eligible CDBG or HOME activities per HUD regulations to be considered for funding. AHTF 2060 Funds are targeted for housing and shelter projects.
Additional information on funding information and explanation of eligible activities for each funding source can be found at https://everettwa.gov/2110/Federal-Municipal-Funding or click here.
Private non-profit organizations that have received 501(c)(3) federal tax-exempt status from the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and are registered as a non-profit corporation in the State of Washington. Faith based organizations may not restrict client participation based on required religious affiliation or services. The City of Everett will not accept application proposals from individuals.
PRIORITIES FOR FUNDING
The priorities for the 2022 Annual Action Plan have been identified in the list below. The priorities were established by the Citizen Advisory Committee on September 21, 2021. Applications must meet these priorities and the basic evaluation criteria to be considered for funding.
- Creation of new units for low-income households and special needs populations (traditionally disadvantaged) groups
- Housing financial assistance
- Housing rehabilitation
- Legal aid for housing mediation
- Mental health services
- Employment services focusing on
- Job training
- Job retention
- Homeless health, mental health, substance abuse and other support services
- Homeless housing and emergency shelter
- Homeless food services
CRITERIA FOR APPLICATIONS
- Complete application
- Supports Everett’s local Consolidated Plan Priorities
- Those served must live inside city limits. See Guidance How to Determine if an Address is inside the Everett City Limits in the Grant toolbox on the website. https://everettwa.gov/2115/Grant-Toolbox
- Compliance with HUD’s CDBG or HOME National Objectives (Federal funds only)
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR NON-SERVICE PROJECTS
- Applicants looking to apply for NON-SERVICE projects (capital projects, housing acquisition, public facility improvements, economic relief, etc.) must discuss proposals with staff prior to application to determine project viability including project readiness and ability to meet project timelines.
- Provide schedule showing timeliness of completion of the proposed project
- Post-Application meeting with City staff during the week of November 1st – 5th
- Consideration and understanding of potential environmental review ramifications (Federal funds only)
- Rental and ownership housing project funds will be awarded in the form of a deferred payment loan
- Non-housing construction projects will require a 100% match of funds from other sources
PROPOSED APPLICATION AND FUNDING SCHEDULE (dates subject to change)
- October 4th – October 29th: Open application period
- October 29th : Applications due
- November 1st – 5th: Applicant meetings with staff (*Non-service projects only)
- November 16th: Citizen Advisory Committee Public Hearing and Funding Recommendations
- November 17th: Citizen Advisory Committee Public Hearing and Funding Recommendations (if needed)
- November 22nd - December 23rd: Public Comment Period
- January: City Council Recommendation Review and Action
- July 1, 2022: CDBG/HOME/2060 Program Year Begins
All applications must be received by Friday, October 29th at 12:00 p.m. (Noon)
Applications should be mailed or delivered to:
City of Everett
C/O Vicki Dorway
Office of Community, Planning and Economic Development
2930 Wetmore Avenue, Suite 8A
Everett, WA 98201
To download an application please visit our website at https://everettwa.gov/2115/Grant-Toolbox. or click here. To pick up a paper version of the application or to request to have one mailed please call (425) 257-7185 or email email@example.com.
The City of Everett is an equal housing opportunity agency. The City will, upon request, provide translators for non-English speaking and hearing-impaired residents. The City strives to accommodate individuals with disabilities, please contact Vicki Dorway at (425) 257-7185 or email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, if special accommodations are needed.