Reservoir 2 Replacement
Construction will occur at Everett Water Utility’s Reservoir 2 site at 702 Edwards Avenue, impacting properties along Edwards Ave., Tulalip Ave., Sharon Crest an 35th Street as vehicles access and egress the site. Preliminary work began earlier in the month.
The purpose of the project is to replace a 110+ year-old in-ground concrete reservoir that is seismically vulnerable with two new 2.5 million-gallon prestressed concrete cylindrical tanks that are designed to current structural standards.
Key project facts
Contractor: Walsh Construction
Notice to proceed: June 14, 2021
Schedule: Anticipated to be complete in 2023; all work is weather dependent.
Impacts to the neighborhood
- Project has defined haul route (see below)
- The work involves the use of heavy equipment and construction vehicles and is expected to be loud and disruptive.
- Site preparation, including excavation, is scheduled for July and August 2021
- No work will occur on July 5 in observance of the Independence Day holiday
- Some days will have significant truck traffic with over 20 trips/day
- Typically work will occur between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Some weekend and/or night work will be required.
- No impacts to private property anticipated
- Traffic control will be in place as necessary, some flagging
- Emergency vehicles will have access to homes in the work area.
- If restoration of the any portion of the haul route is required, that work will be conducted after the completion of this project as part of the annual HMA maintenance project.
We apologize in advance for any inconvenience to you. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we complete this necessary project. Please contact construction manager Mike Kangas if you have questions at email@example.com or 425-257- 7731. More information is available at everettwa.gov/Res2.
We encourage you to share this information with your neighbors. For information about your neighborhood group, including meeting times, visit everettwa.gov/neighborhoods.