As you head to the park to enjoy the spring and summer weather, remember to keep your vehicle doors and windows locked, your belongings out of sight, and take your personal property and valuables with you while you go play. Unfortunately, vehicle prowls are very common but luckily, they are preventable. The Everett Police Department offers some great tips to reduce your risk of becoming a victim of vehicle prowl including:
- Roll up your windows and lock all doors
- Secure your trunk, hatches, bed-mounted tool boxes, and canopies
- If you hear something suspicious (shattering glass) or see someone looking into vehicles, call 911
- Park in well-lit areas and avoid isolated areas whenever possible
- Remove personal belongings and valuables from your vehicle
Learn more and find additional tips at everettwa.gov/1095/Vehicle-Prowl-Prevention.