EXTERNAL ANNOUNCEMENT - FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE FOLLOW UP WITH THE CONTACTS LISTED BELOW
Nonprofit CARES Grants Applications Now Open - $2 million
If you applied in Round 1, you have two options if you want to reapply.
*You can submit a new grant by using the portal and submitting a new grant; only the new grant will be reviewed and considered.
*Or, you can request that your Round 1 grant be resubmitted as written. To do that, please contact Elizabeth Moran.
Through a partnership with Snohomish County and Community Foundation a nonprofit stabilization and capacity-building grant application opens on November 2nd.
The grant program is part of the county’s plan to use federal CARES Act resources to support local non-profit organizations impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic as they work to support community members in need.
Data for Snohomish County provides insight about our hardest hit community members. The focus of the program is on nonprofits that serve diverse and/or marginalized populations and have an annual operating budget of $500,000 or less. The process will be sensitive to geographic diversity as well.
Applicants must fit into the criteria below:
Grant Criteria Each nonprofit organization applying for grants under this program must:
• Not have received funding during Round 1
• Have an annual operating budget of $500,000 or less
• Be registered as a non-profit organization in the State of Washington.
• Be designated by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) organization and not in suspense or debarment.
• Have a physical presence in Snohomish County.
• Be in operation for at least one year.
• Have experienced a reduction in revenue or increase in service demand attributable to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Priority Consideration will be given to:
• Organizations that are led by representatives of diverse and/or marginalized populations
• Organizations that are led by BIPOC- Black, Indigenous and People of Color
• Organizations that primarily serve BIPOC- Black, Indigenous and People of Color
• Organizations that are led by people with lived experience
• Organizations with a diverse board of directors
Round 2 Opens: November 2nd
Round 2 Closes: November 30th
Round 2 Notification: December 23rd