EVERETT, Wash. – The City of Everett is seeking innovative and creative ideas for partnership with other public, private and nonprofit entities to enhance recreation opportunities in the city, repurpose or recondition park assets, and generate revenue for the City.
The request for proposals (RFP) is open to any and all ideas and proposals for any City of Everett park land or park building assets that reflect outcomes rich in community benefit and provide revenue to Everett Parks. Proposals are due by 2 p.m. on Oct. 6, 2020 with an expected contract start date of January 2021.
“Through this process we’re hoping to find some great partners to enrich Everett’s parks in innovative ways, adding value to the community while also generating new revenue to support Parks,” said Everett Mayor Cassie Franklin.
There are several building assets with parks that are underutilized, as well as open areas where recreation opportunities and community access could be created. Proposal categories include, but are not limited to:
- Enhanced recreational opportunities in parks, such as adventure or extreme sports
- Rental, lease or nonprofit management of parks sites and facilities including the senior center, swim center, golf courses, and Legion Park horticulture and greenhouse area
- Event management of Sorticulture
- Sponsorship and naming right opportunities
- Development and operation of full-service restaurants, concessions or gift shops in parks
The City anticipates it will award multiple contracts from proposals submitted in response to this RFP.
Nonprofits, businesses or private individuals interested in partnering with the City to improve the community can learn more and submit proposals at everettwa.gov/purchasing. For questions about the RFP process, contact Theresa Bauccio at TBauccio@everettwa.gov or 425-257-8901.