To help slow the spread of COVID-19 in the community and minimize its potential exposure to vulnerable demographics, Everett Parks & Community Services announced additional facility closures.
Parks facility closed until further notice:
- All Everett Parks gates, restrooms, active areas and recreation amenities
- Forest Park Swim Center
- Legion Memorial & Walter E Hall golf courses
- Kasch Park Athletic Office & Recreation Office at Forest Park: limited staff available. Voicemails (425-257-8300) and emails (email@example.com) will be returned within 24 hours.
- Carl Gipson Senior Center: Staff are available by email and check voicemail during business hours (425-257-8780, press 0 after the recording). Sack lunches are provided M-F through the Homage senior lunch program
- Everett Animal Shelter: adoptions by appointment only and limiting owner surrender and stray animal intakes. Please call the shelter for more information at 425-257-6000. Learn more
Programs and events cancelled/postponed until further notice:
- All programs, events, facility rentals, activities and preschool: full refunds will be issued to registered participants. Call the Recreation Office at 425-257-8300 if you have questions. Due to limited staffing voicemails and emails (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be returned within 24 hours.
- Cancelled events include Arbor Day, Earth Day, Jetty Island clean up, Kids Fish In and Viva Color
How community members can help slow the spread of the virus and protect themselves, loved ones and the community:
- Stay informed
- Wash your hands often and for at least 20 seconds with soap and water
- Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- Stay home if you are not feeling well
- Visit the CDC, Department of Health and Snohomish Health District websites to learn more
Community members are encouraged to call ahead if unsure about a program, service or facility schedule.
Visit everettwa.gov/COVID19 for up-to-date information on City operations and response, program cancellations and closures, as well as additional resources and information.