To help slow the spread of COVID-19 in the community and minimize its potential exposure to vulnerable demographics, Everett Parks & Community Services announced additional facility closures.
New City facility closures:
Both the Kasch Park Athletic Office and the Recreation Office at Forest Park will close Monday, March 16 and remain closed until further notice. Staff at both offices will still be available by phone (425-257-8300 ext. 2) or email (email@example.com).
Additional Parks facility closures, service changes and program cancellations:
- The Forest Park Swim Center is closed through March 31.
- The Carl Gipson Senior Center is temporarily closed until further notice. They will continue to provide lunches through the Homage senior lunch program.
- All Parks & Community Services programs, including events, trips, classes and preschool, are cancelled through March 31. Registered participants will receive full refunds.
- The Everett Animal Shelter is limiting access to visitors closed for general animal viewing until further notice. Adoptions and other services will still be available.
- All park/park facility rentals, activities and programs are canceled/postponed until further notice, including youth and adult sports programs and tournaments.
How community members can help slow the spread of the virus and protect themselves, loved ones and the community:
- Stay informed.
- Wash your hands often and for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Visit the CDC, Department of Health and Snohomish Health District websites to learn more.
Community members are encouraged to call ahead if unsure about a program, service or facility schedule.
Visit everettwa.gov/COVID19 for up-to-date information on City operations and response, program cancellations and closures, as well as additional resources and information.