The Valley View-Sylvan Crest- Larime Ridge neighborhood has decided to cancel the March meeting, to reduce the risk of spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus.
For more information about COVID-19, see below.
At this time, risk of becoming ill with COVID-19 is not considered to be high; however, the City of Everett is actively monitoring developments from state and local health officials. The Snohomish Health District announced new recommendations for preventing the spread of COVID-19, which are being incorporated into City operations to the greatest degree possible.
Because COVID-19 spreads among close contacts, the Health Department recommends social distancing strategies, along with common-sense illness prevention steps. A fact sheet is available on the Department of Health website. Prevention steps include:
- Remain calm, informed and vigilant
- Frequently wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds throughout the day
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- If you or loved ones are sick or experiencing symptoms, stay home.
- Wait 72 hours after the fever has resolved, or 7 days after the illness began – whichever is longer
- If you are over the age of 60 and/or have a compromised immune system, avoid public gatherings and non-essential travel outside the home
To learn more, our health partners have information about the virus on their websites:
For City of Everett updates on response and city operations: Everettwa.gov/COVID-19