The City of Everett’s contractor, Interwest Construction Inc. (ICI), has confirmed the timing of the West Marine View Drive (WMVD) closure – a portion of the road will be completely closed from Tuesday, September 17 through Thursday, September 26. Message signs are in place both directions on WMVD today to give drivers as much advance notice as possible. As the closure nears, additional navigation signs will be placed further out in the traffic network.
A noise variance will be in place allowing for night work from approximately September 23 through September 26.
Thank you for your continued interest and support of this important project that will benefit Everett in so many ways. We are fortunate to be witnesses to Everett’s history in the making.
- West Marine View Drive (WMVD) will be closed, from 13th to 18th Streets, for up to 10 days in the last half of September. The City’s traffic engineering staff is working to ensure there will be continuous access to all parts of the waterfront.
- Erection of the bridge is completely dependent on BNSF’s approval of a train-free window, which is currently scheduled for the last week of September. BNSF makes their decisions based on the needs of their freight network, and the timing of the window is subject to change depending on the railroad’s needs.
- Additional updates will be provided as developments occur.
- Communication and navigation resources are available on the project webpage (everettwa.gov/GAPB). Sharing is encouraged.
- See the news release announcing the track closure window.