It’s GO-TIME! That’s right – the bridge will be going into place in the last week of September – just over a month from now!
The City’s contractor, Interwest Construction Inc. (ICI), has received notification of a track closure window from Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) during the last week of September, for the raising and placing of the Grand Avenue Park Bridge.
With this notice, ICI can now mobilize its specialized lifting and moving sub-contractor to the site and begin the process of building the large lifting towers in advance of closing West Marine View Drive (WMVD). This roadway will be closed for up to 10 days during the second half of September for ICI to build the lifting towers in the roadway and prepare to lift and move the bridge span.
Thank you for your continued interest and support of this important project that will benefit Everett in so many ways. We are fortunate to be witnesses to Everett’s history in the making.
- West Marine View Drive (WMVD) will be closed, from 13th to 18th Streets, for up to 10 days in the last half of September. The City’s traffic engineering staff is working to ensure there will be continuous access to all parts of the waterfront.
- Erection of the bridge is completely dependent on BNSF’s approval of a train-free window. BNSF makes their decisions based on the needs of their freight network, and the timing of the window is subject to change depending on the railroad’s needs.
- Additional updates will be provided as developments occur.
- Communication and navigation resources are available on the project webpage (everettwa.gov/GAPB). Sharing is encouraged.
- See the news release announcing the track closure window.