News Flash Home
The original item was published from 11/19/2018 1:35:00 PM to 5/18/2019 12:00:18 AM.
Grand Avenue Park Bridge Project Updates
Posted on: October 17, 2018
[ARCHIVED] Grand Avenue Park Bridge October 2018 Construction Update
- Per the terms of the contract the contractor requested, and received approval for, suspension of the contract working days for critical path work associated with the steel bridge truss.
- Hydroseeding, hydromulching and cleanup of the construction area at the park for winter contract suspension.
- Moving of construction fencing located at both the park and waterfront to maximize use by the public during contract suspension.
- Bids were opened on September 25 for the Phase 2 construction package. This package is for installation of the pipelines in West Marine View Drive, from the bridge to 14th Street.
- Staff will make a recommendation to award the Phase 2 construction contract at the October 24 City Council meeting. The construction contract is for 75 working days.
- Reviews and approvals of bridge steel shop drawings, bridge lighting, and mock-up of the guard rail.
- Steel bridge pieces continue to be manufactured at the mill in Vancouver, Washington.
- Frontier to provide a crossing of West Marine View Drive for elevator communication. This work will involve lane closures.
- The Phase 2 contract will begin with meetings, submittals and acquisition of materials. This work will involve lane closures on the west side of West Marine View Drive.
- Installation of the elevator by the elevator company.
- Completion of roofing for the tower (dependent on elevator installation timing).
- Erection of the bridge is anticipated in Spring 2019.