News Flash Home
The original item was published from 6/15/2018 11:30:00 AM to 3/2/2019 12:00:10 AM.
Grand Avenue Park Bridge Project Updates
Posted on: June 15, 2018
[ARCHIVED] Grand Avenue Park Bridge May/June 2018 Construction Update
Grand Avenue Park Bridge project update
- Installation of slope protection system between the park and the railroad tracks.
- Rebar preparation, forms, and concrete pours for the mid and upper portions of the exterior tower walls.
- Removal of sheet piles.
- Reviews and approvals of bridge steel shop drawings.
- Steel bridge pieces are being manufactured and then assembled in a large bay at the mill in Vancouver, Washington. The Washington State Department of Transportation is inspecting this process.
- Rebar preparation, forms, and concrete pours for the uppermost portion of the tower.
- Installation of large diameter pipelines in West Marine View Drive. This work requires reduction to one lane of traffic due to the depth and extent of excavation. WMVD work began the week of June 11 and will take approximately one month. Expected hours for one lane traffic control are 6 am to 2 pm on weekdays. After these hours, there will be one lane of traffic restored in each direction.
- Rebar preparation, forms and concrete pours for the east abutment at Grand Avenue Park.