News Flash Home
The original item was published from 5/4/2018 10:29:16 AM to 6/15/2018 11:12:08 AM.
Grand Avenue Park Bridge Project Updates
Posted on: April 24, 2018
[ARCHIVED] Grand Avenue Park Bridge April 2018 Construction Update
Grand Avenue Park Bridge project update
- Installation of pipelines at Grand Avenue Park
- Clearing of the steep slope from the park to the railroad tracks
- Rebar preparation, forms, and concrete pours for the mid portions of the exterior tower walls
- Installation of slope protection system between the park and the railroad tracks
- Reviews and approvals of bridge steel shop drawings
- Steel bridge pieces are being manufactured and then assembled in a large bay at the mill in Vancouver, Wash. The Washington State Department of Transportation is inspecting this process.
- Rebar preparation, forms, and concrete pours for the upper portions of the exterior tower walls
- Painting of specific pieces of the bridge steel will be done in the shop before delivery to the site in June.
- Installation of large diameter pipelines in West Marine View Drive. This work will result in reduction to one lane of traffic at times due to the depth and extent of excavation.