- Your City
- Public Works
- Adopt a Street
Adopt a Street
Everett's Adopt a Street program is a partnership between the City of Everett and volunteer groups to reduce street litter. Participating groups agree to remove litter from assigned sections of street rights-of-way at least three times a year. In recognition of each group's commitment to cleaning the adopted section of road, Everett personnel install street signs identifying the adopting group.
Available and adopted routes can be found at this link. If you have a route in mind that you do not see listed, please contact the Adopt a Street coordinator with details. Routes are typically a mile-long and groups clean both sides at least 3x per year.
What is the commitment like to Adopt a Street?
- Once your group's application has been approved, you'll schedule your first clean-up event. In order to secure your date, two weeks notice is preferred.
- Pick-up your clean-up kit from City of Everett Public Works. Kits need to be picked up and returned during business hours, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. unless other arrangements are made in advance.
- Review the safety information and recruit your volunteers. We highly encourage group sizes of 15 or less. All volunteers should be 18+.
- Once your group has completed your clean-up, you'll let us know the details of your event, including the locations of bagged trash or large items for us to pick up.
- Return your kit, be proud of your work, and tell others to look for your group's name on an Adopt a Street sign on your segment of road! Signs will be ordered and installed after your first clean-up is complete. Please note that websites, hashtags and logos will not be included on signs.
Please fill out this application to start the route adoption process.