Adopt a Street
Everett's Adopt a Street program is a partnership between the City of Everett and volunteer groups to reduce street litter. Participating groups agree to remove litter from assigned sections of street rights-of-way at least three times a year. In recognition of each group's commitment to cleaning the adopted section of road, Everett personnel install street signs identifying the adopting group.
What is the commitment like to Adopt a Street?
- Once your group's application has been approved, you'll schedule your first clean-up event. In order to secure your date, two weeks notice is preferred.
- Pick-up your clean-up kit from City of Everett Public Works. Kits need to be picked up and returned during business hours, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. unless other arrangements are made in advance.
- Review the safety information and recruit your volunteers. We highly encourage group sizes of 15 or less. All volunteers should be 18+.
- Once your group has completed your clean-up, you'll let us know the details of your event, including the locations of bagged trash or large items for us to pick up.
- Return your kit, be proud of your work, and tell others to look for your group's name on an Adopt a Street sign on your segment of road! Signs will be ordered and installed after your first clean-up is complete. Please note that websites, hashtags and logos will not be included on signs.
Please fill out this application to start the route adoption process.