Cultural Arts Grants
Everett Cultural Arts Commission Grants
We believe that everyone deserves equal access to a full, vibrant and creative life, which is essential to a healthy society.
The Everett’s Cultural Arts Commission is committed to funding grants that make a meaningful impact in our community by expanding access to arts and culture for residents and visitors throughout our city. We place a priority on funding grant requests that ensure that artists and audiences of all backgrounds and identities are included, reflecting the City of Everett’s values of equity, inclusion and diversity.
Grant Review Criteria
- Cultural Equity embodies the values, policies, and practices that ensure that all people- including but not limited to those who have been historically underrepresented based on race/ ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, socioeconomic status, citizenship status, or religion- are represented.
- Artistic Excellence and innovation
- Residence or base of operations= priority will be given to projects involving Everett-based organizations and artists. Applications from organizations outside Everett will be considered if project takes place within Everett city limits.
- Organizations must be a tax-exempt nonprofit under section 501 (c) (3) of the IRS code or be fiscally-sponsored by a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit. For capital grant requests, nonprofits must have 2 years of operating history.
- be non-discriminatory in its policies and practices in regard to race/ ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, socioeconomic status, geography, citizenship status or religion.
- We fund artistic and cultural program costs -artist fees, facility costs, production costs
- We fund projects taking place within Everett city limits, that are open to the general public
- We do not fund scholarships, tuition assistance or staff time associated with the development and coordination of the project. Only time expended by the artist or artistic director is eligible for funding.
- The purchase, design, construction and remodeling of buildings used for performing arts, visual arts and cultural activities.
- The purchase of production equipment intended to be used by the recipient cultural organization for at least 10 years.
We are here to help. If you need assistance with your grant application, please contact Carol Thomas, email@example.com.