The Planning Department promotes the community’s vision to accommodate quality growth, consistent with the City’s Comprehensive Plan and Zoning Code. The department includes Long Range and Land Use Planning, and Historic Preservation.
Planner-on-Call and Land Use division phone hours
To accommodate pre-application meetings and plan reviews and improve consistency with related city functions, Planner-on-Call hours are on Mon, Wed, Thu, 8 a.m. to noon, and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Outside of those hours, please leave a message and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
To speak to a planner please call 425-257-8731 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about the ongoing update to the City's Comprehensive Plan - Everett 2044 and get involved: everettwa.gov\2044.
The planning department is almost always working on at least one project that would amend the city’s development regulations, also known as the Unified Development Code. See below for information about three that are currently underway:
Everett Housing Authority Park District Project
The Park District, located in the Delta Neighborhood, has commonly been known as Baker Heights. This 12-acre site, vacant since 2019, is envisioned by the Everett Housing Authority (EvHA) for redevelopment into a mixed-use and mixed-income community.
Notice of ApplicationA Unit Lot Land Division aplication has been submitted, as well as a Building Height Modification application. Additional Info...
City of Everett launches update to comprehensive plan, Everett: 2044, planning our future togetherThe City of Everett launched its periodic update to the comprehensive plan which represents the City’s vision for the next 20 years and sets goals, policies and plans for growth and development. Community invited to participate. Read on...
- How do I find what my property is zoned?
- Do I need City approval to remove or prune a tree?
- Is an Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) permitted?
- What are the restrictions on staying in an RV or tiny home in Everett?
- Where am I allowed to park or store my RV or tiny home?
- Do I need a flood hazard permit?
- How do I get on Everett's Register of Historic Places?
- How do I learn about proposed developments?
- What triggers a State Environmental Policy Act Review (SEPA)?
- What are the categorical exemptions for infill development?