Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Title VI Notices

The City of Everett strives to ensure that its programs and facilities are accessible to everyone. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Civil Rights Acts of 1964.

Accommodations for Disabilities

If you have a disability and need accommodation to access a City facility or program, you can make a request. Requests can relate to a wide variety of issues, including curb ramps, sidewalk obstructions, this website, and access to buildings. If you have questions, please contact our ADA coordinator.

Title II of the ADA applies to state and local governments protecting individuals from discrimination on the basis of disability in services, programs, and activities. For Title II, the City of Everett has completed the Title VI Self-Evaluation and Transition Plan.

Accommodation requests for private businesses must be addressed directly to the businesses. The U. S. Department of Justice enforces ADA compliance.

ADA complaints

If you feel the City of Everett has not handled an accommodation request satisfactorily, you may file a complaint, alleging discrimination on the basis of disability in the City's provision of services, activities, programs, or benefits. All complaints should be presented in writing to the ADA coordinator.

Please consult the ADA complaint guide for details. A formal complaint must be filed within 180 calendar days of the alleged occurrence. The City of Everett will not officially act or respond to complaints made verbally.

Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964

The City of Everett assures that no person shall be excluded from participation in or denied the benefits of any City program or activity on the grounds of race, color, national origin, or sex, per Title VI of the Civil Rights Act and related statutes. Also, no person shall be subjected to discrimination per Title VI.

Title VI complaints

If you believe that you have not been treated equally by the City of Everett due to your race, national origin, gender, disability, income, or ability to speak or understand English, you have the right to file a discrimination complaint with the City.

Have additional questions about the City of Everett's compliance with Title VI? You may reach out to our ADA coordinator.

Help in other languages

If you do not speak or understand English, you may request an interpreter for City meetings and other events by contacting the ADA coordinator at 425.257.8767 or by making a request.