Offsite Volunteer Ideas for Groups
If you have a group, troop or club looking for a way to support the animals at Everett Animal Shelter, we’d love to help get you started. Here are some ideas that you can do on your own, outside the shelter and still make a huge difference in the lives of our homeless pets!
- Host a donation drive: we always need food and supplies to keep our animals full, comfortable and happy. You can download our printable wish list or view our most-needed items on our Amazon Wish Lists.
- Make cozy pet blankets: cozy fleece blankets help our cats and dogs feel warm and safe in their kennel and we often send their blanket home with them when they get adopted! We like these easy fleece blankets because they hold up well in the washer and dryer.
- Blanket tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rQ89wbLOZ8
- Please note, EAS cannot provide fleece or any other materials
- Host an event to support the animals: we have some great event information and ideas to get you started!
For general requests to use the EAS logo and/or EAS content and to schedule volunteer group donation drop offs/tours:
We would love to support your efforts and will be able to:
- Provide a short shelter tour to your group when you drop off your donation drive supplies (must be pre-scheduled).
- Recognize your event / post a thank you photo on social media.
- Provide EAS collateral to handout and display at your event.
- Provide charitable giving receipts for tax purposes.
- Attend your event as a guest speaker and or/provide volunteers to assist with your event as location and schedules allow.
Unfortunately we are not able to:
- Solicit donations or sponsorships for your event.
- Provide the EAS tax ID number (EIN) for donations.
- Accept or process financial transactions in relation to event production or expenses.
- Allow event fees or sponsorship to be paid directly to EAS. We can accept direct charitable donations in honor of the event.
- Sell Tickets, accept admission fees or handle event proceeds.
- At this time we are not logistically setup to bring animals to events, but hope to be able to participate in that manner in the future.