**Please be aware that we have had recent incidents of scammers calling people in our area who've lost pets. The scammers tell owners the animal is at the Everett Animal Shelter and attempt to collect payment of fees by phone. The caller ID shows our phone number, but these calls are not from EAS, and we do not have the pet. EAS does not collect fees prior to you picking up your pet.**
Did you lose a pet?
The Everett Animal Shelter holds stray animals for a minimum of 72 hours to allow owners a chance to find their lost pets. Animals on stray hold at the shelter are posted online, below. If pets are not claimed during that time period, they then becomes the property of the Everett Animal Shelter. Following the stray hold pets may be placed up for adoption or transferred to another organization. While we are committed to placing all adoptable animals, if your pet is sick or aggressive it may be humanely euthanized.
We also accept reports of found animals being cared for by the finder. These animals are not posted online, but reports can be checked by calling 425-257-6000, press 0.
If you have reason to believe your pet is at the Everett Animal Shelter, please call 425-257-6000 and press 0 to speak with a staff member and make a reclaim appointment.
We highly recommend you:
- Check this web page every day. All of the stray animals that come into the shelter will be listed on the website. Stray pets at the shelter with no identification are assigned temporary names upon intake.
- Put up signs in your neighborhood and check with local veterinarians, other shelters and rescue groups in your area; talk to your neighbors.
- Place ads online through social media and other websites: lost dog or cat pages on Facebook, NextDoor, Craigslist, Pawboost, Fido Finder and Petco Love Lost.
- Call the shelter every few days to review found pet reports.
- If your pet is microchipped be sure to call the chip company to let them know your pet is missing. We see hundreds of pets each year with unregistered and untraceable chips. It is important to keep your contact information up to date.
Everett Animal Services is not liable for information contained herein or for disposition of animals that are not claimed by their owners in person within 72 hours. EAS staff will make every attempt to contact owners of animals wearing traceable identification.
Found reports are kept on file for approximately four (4) weeks and are not returned to the reporting party. Information about animals cared for by their finder is not posted on our website and is only available by calling the shelter to review found reports.