Active Connections: Wall Street Connector
Map this project on the interactive project overview story map.
This project will create and upgrade pedestrian and bike connectivity from the Everett Station to the Angel of the Winds arena along Wall Street starting at Broadway and continuing along Smith Ave to the entrance to the Everett Station parking lot.
Pedestrian improvements include:
- Construction of continuous pedestrian facility with brick pattern decorative surfacing on the northeast side of Smith Avenue from the entrance to the Everett Station visitor parking lot to Wall Street and Broadway.
- Adding pedestrian level lighting from the entrance to the Everett Station visitor parking lot to the intersection of Broadway and Wall Street.
ADA improvements include:
- New, ADA-compliant curb ramps at Wall Street and McDougall Avenue and at the entrance to the Everett Station visitor parking lot.
- New, marked on-street accessible parking spaces on all blocks within the project limits.
Bicycle improvements include:
- Construction of continuous bicycle wayfinding, including signage with distances to local destinations and shared lane arrows (known as sharrows).
- Bike detection sensors and an indicator light for bicyclists crossing Broadway.
Traffic calming improvements include:
- Road diet, narrowing vehicle lanes from 12 feet to 10.5 feet or 11 feet
- Construction of flagstone-pattern decorative surfacing flush bulbouts at the intersections of Wall Street and Broadway, Wall Street and McDougall Avenue, and at the entrance to the Everett Station visitor parking lot.
Street parking improvements include:
- Converting all angle parking on Wall Street to back-in angle parking, to align the parking configuration with that of Wall Street west of Broadway.
- Adding parallel parking on Smith Avenue.
- Removing parallel parking under the Pacific Avenue bridge.
This project is funded by a $1.9M grant from Sound Transit to support active transportation access to Everett Station.
Construction begins: Winter 2023
Construction completed: Summer 2024 (anticipated)