GRANT APPLICATION REVIEW AND SCORING PROCESS:
- Funding recommendations are made by the Citizens Advisory Committee, which reviews annual applications and provides recommendations to City Council.
- City staff will first review your application for completeness and organizational capacity. Incomplete applications will not move forward in the review process.
- Following staff review, Citizens Advisory Committee members will review your application.
- Following Committee review, a public hearing will be held for funding discussions and recommendations. Formal adoption on funding awards will occur during City Council action through resolution.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR HUMAN NEEDS GRANT APPLICATIONS:
Per Everett Municipal Code Title 2, Chapter 93, Section 010, Citizens' Advisory Committee, grant funds must meet the following criteria:
a. Only agencies who qualify for IRS 501(c)(3) nonprofit status may apply for funding;
b. Priority consideration shall be given to those programs which apply requested funds to a direct public service rather than to the administration of a program;
c. Consideration shall be given to the size of the population who will benefit from a program or service; and
d. Agencies receiving human needs funding are not eligible for funding from another city of Everett funding source for the same program in any given year.
CRITERIA FOR HUMAN NEEDS APPLICATIONS:
- Meet annual priorities established by the Citizens Advisory Committee; and
- Meet basic evaluation criteria; and
- Submit a complete application for consideration; and
- Serve Everett residents inside city limits.
PROPOSED APPLICATION AND FUNDING SCHEDULE (dates subject to change)
- September 26th – October 27th: Open application period for Federal and State grants
- October 3rd – November 3rd: Open application period for Human Needs grants
- October 27th: Federal and State grant applications due by 12:00 p.m. Noon (hard cutoff in AmpliFund)
- October 31st – November 2nd: Applicant meetings with staff (*Non-public service projects only)
- November 3rd: Human Needs grant applications due by 12:00 p.m. Noon (hard cutoff in AmpliFund)
- November 14th: Citizen Advisory Committee Public Hearing and Funding Recommendations for Federal and State awards
- November 17th - December 19th: Public Comment Period for Federal and State award recommendations
- December 14th: Citizen Advisory Committee Public Hearing and Funding Recommendations for Human Needs awards
- January 2024: City Council Funding Recommendation Briefing and Action for Human Needs award recommendations
- January 1, 2024: Human Needs funding year begins
- February/March 2024: City Council Funding Recommendation Briefing and Action for Federal and State award recommendations
- July 1, 2024: CDBG/AHTF/HOME Program Year begins