Land use planning
What is regulated by Land Use Planning?
Land Use Planning administers the Unified Development Code over many topics which include but are not limited to the following:
- Property zoning
- Use of a property
- Lots, setbacks, and residential densities
- Land division (sub-dividing, boundary line adjustments, binding site plans, plats/short plats, etc.)
- Critical areas (hazardous slopes, wetlands, buffers, etc.)
- Certification of non-conforming lots, buildings, and uses
- Shorelines and floodplains
- Landscaping requirements
- Open space requirements
- Building and structure heights
- Lot coverage (allowable building roof area per property)
- Required parking count & storage of vehicles
- Historic property requirements
- School district impact fees
Getting started with Land Use Projects
What to do?
- View the Planning Division's Land Use Planning webpage for all land use resources.
- View Title 19 of the Everett Municipal Code for Unified Development Code requirements.
- Contact the Planner on Duty with any additional questions after you have begun your initial project research:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 425-257-8731 M, W, Th - 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. & 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.