Learn more about LTAC grants
The hotel/motel tax fund grants, or LTAC grants, is funding available to non-profits and public agencies for projects that assist with tourism development and promotion in the city of Everett.
The grant program is made possible through taxes paid by consumers when they stay in paid lodging in the city of Everett and overseen by the Lodging Tax Advisory Committee.
The City's Lodging Tax Advisory Committee (LTAC) is accepting applications for projects that assist with tourism development and promotion in the city of Everett. Public and non-profit agencies are encouraged to submit applications.
LTAC plans to offer two rounds of funding totaling $200,000 for 2021:
- The first round will prioritize events or projects promoting tourism which also align with current public health and safety guidelines and occur before May 31, 2021.
- The second round of funding will be for events happening after May 31, 2021. There will be a second round to apply for round two funds. Timeline for second round application process is TBD and contingent on local COVID-19 conditions and case counts and what activities are allowed at the time.
- NOTE: First-round funds will be awarded on a competitive basis to eligible applicants and first-round applicants will also be eligible for second-round funding if it becomes available.
Completed applications are due by 5 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 5, 2021 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to 2930 Wetmore Ave., Suite 10A, Everett, WA 98201. Applications received after 5 p.m. on Feb. 5 will not be considered for funding. Faxed applications are not accepted.
- Who can apply for and receive an LTAC grant?
- How long does it take to fill out the application?
- What is LTAC?
- Where does the LTAC money come from?
- When are applications due?
- How do I submit my application?
- How and when will I hear back about the status of my application?
- How do I improve my chances of receiving an LTAC grant?
- Where can I read the RCW about lodging taxes?
- What can an LTAC grant be used for?
- How should I track the number of overnight stays my program or event generates?