CARES COVID-19 Funding
The City of Everett is a recognized Entitlement Entity under HUD and is listed to receive an award of CDBG funds to allocate towards activities focused on COVID-19. To see the full list of entities receiving CARES CDBG funds, please visit this link.
Please see the list below for current efforts and information available. For questions, please contact Community Development Staff.
CITY OF EVERETT CARES FUNDING PRIORITIES
Economic Development Relief for public/private small businesses and microenterprises. Total funds available are $500,000. Grants are provided in $10,000 increments. All application information can be found here: https://everettwa.gov/2579/Everett-CARES-Grant-Program
Public Service Relief for public agencies/nonprofits providing COVID-19 relief, with priority given to food and housing security; agencies serving communities of color, immigrant, and non-English speaking persons; and programs that focus on equity. Total funds available are $500,000. Application information is pending.
Citizen Advisory Committee Public Hearings
The following meetings were held to accommodate the allocation of CARES funds and establish priority needs in response to the COVID-19 Crisis.
REMOTE PUBLIC HEARING, MONDAY APRIL 20, 2020, 4 P.M. (Versión Español)
- This meeting is now closed. To see a recording of the meeting, please visit this link.
- Materials and topic of discussion:
REMOTE PUBLIC HEARING, WEDNESDAY, APRIL 23, 2020, 4 P.M. (Versión Español)
- This meeting is now closed.
- Materials and topics of discussion:
- Staff Memo on:
- CARES CDBG funding that the City will receive as part of the National Emergency Financial Package in response to the COVID-19 crisis in the amount of $534,380.00
- Additional goals and priorities for 2020 – 2024 Consolidated Plan and 2020 Annual Action Plan
- Reallocation of 2020 HOME dollars in the amount of $281,562.00 and 2019 CDBG funds in the amount of $162,500.00.