Last updated April 3, 3:20 p.m.
To slow the spread of COVID-19 and limit its exposure to more vulnerable demographics, the City of Everett closed several facilities, implemented service changes and cancelled City-sponsored events, programs and gatherings. City staff continue to assess City operations and follow guidance from federal, state and local health officials.
City facilities closed to the public until further notice:
- Everett Municipal Building, 2930 Wetmore Ave.: including the City Clerk’s office. City staff will still be available during regular business hours by phone or email.
- Both Everett Public Library branches: Library card holders can also access a variety of online Library resources including e-books, audiobooks, digital magazines, movies, music and more. Learn more.
- Permit Services and Utility Services public counters: Staff will be available by phone or email during regular service hours and encourage the use of online services and resources. Learn more.
- Everett Police North and South Precincts: To report a crime or contact an officer, call 911 in an emergency. For all non-emergencies, call 425-407-3999. Online crime reporting is available.
- Everett Transit’s Customer Service Center. Customer service staff are available by phone or email Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Parks & Community Services closures:
- All Everett Parks gates, restrooms, active areas and recreation amenities
- Forest Park Swim Center
- Legion Memorial & Walter E Hall golf courses
- Kasch Park Athletic Office & Recreation Office at Forest Park: staff at both offices will still be available by phone (425-257-8300 ext. 2) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Carl Gipson Senior Center: Staff are available by email and check voicemail during business hours (425-257-8780, press 0 after the recording). Sack lunches are provided M-F through the Homage senior lunch program.
Service changes and modified hours, until further notice:
- Everett Transit: implemented an emergency service plan.
- Everett Station: business hours changed to 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
- Everett Police Property & Evidence Unit (2722 Colby): open to the public Wednesdays only, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Everett Fire: limiting visitor access to public at fire stations (tours, events). This does not affect responses.
- Everett Animal Shelter: adoptions by appointment only and limiting owner surrender and stray animal intakes. Please call the shelter for more information at 425-257-6000. Learn more.
- Public Works: maintenance division is prioritizing tasks considered immediately necessary for public safety, transportation and utility services, including urgent repairs, emergency response and regulatory-compliance activities. All other work not immediately necessary is delayed until further notice. Public Works continues to log service requests and will respond when conditions allow.
- Everett Municipal Court: Presiding Judge Kaestner issued several General Administrative Orders, which, effective
immediately and continuing through April, cancels many large calendars and significantly limits the number of cases on other calendars. Front counter open on Wednesdays only, 8-10 a.m. and 1-3 p.m., until May 1.
Programs, events, meetings and gatherings cancelled/postponed until further notice:
- All City of Everett events, gatherings
- All Parks & Community Services programs, events, facility rentals, activities and preschool: full refunds will be issued to registered participants. Call the Recreation Office at 425-257-8300 ext. 2 if you have questions.
- All boards and commissions meetings
- Station 4 Public Meeting Room events
- Events and gatherings permit requests will not be approved until further notice