Last updated April 6, 2021, 1:35 p.m.
To limit the spread of COVID-19, the City of Everett closed several facilities, implemented service changes and cancelled City-sponsored events, programs and gatherings. City staff continue to assess City operations and follow guidance from federal, state and local health officials.
Public health and safety measures are in place for in-person appointments and services, and community members are required to wear masks and maintain social distancing. Digital and over-the-phone services continue to be available.
If you are unsure if a facility is open, please call ahead.
City facilities open to the public:
- Everett Public Library: The Everett Public Library welcomed customers back into their buildings on March 2. Both locations are open at 25% capacity for limited services, including browsing and computer use. Library card holders can also access curbside pick up and a variety of online Library resources including e-books, audiobooks, digital magazines, movies, music and more. Learn more.
- Everett Municipal Court: Presiding Judge Kaestner issued several General Administrative Orders in response to COVID-19. Front counter open on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 8 a.m. to noon, and on Wednesdays from 8 a.m. to noon and 1-4:30 p.m. Face covers are required in courtrooms and the probation office.
- Everett Police North Precinct Records Office: open Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., for concealed pistol license applications, to request copies of reports, pay/release vehicles from police impound, file police reports with a desk officer and for the prescription drug drop off program.
- Everett Police Property & Evidence Unit (2722 Colby): open to retrieve impounded property on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Open for in-person appointments:
- City Clerk's Office: open for appointments only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 8 a.m. to noon and 1-5 p.m. Schedule an appointment online or call 425-257-8610.
- Permit Services counter: open for appointments with a permit technician for assistance with the permit and application process on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 8 a.m. to noon and 1-3 p.m. Schedule an appointment online or call 425-257-8810. Virtual appointments with permit technicians and plan reviewers will also be available.
- Everett Police Property & Evidence Unit (2722 Colby): firearm releases are available by appointment only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 8:30-11 a.m. and 3-4 p.m. Schedule an appointment by calling 425-257-7474.
City facilities closed to the public until further notice:
- Everett Municipal Building, 2930 Wetmore Ave.: except Clerk's Office, which is open by appointment only (see above). City staff will still be available during regular business hours by phone or email.
- Everett Police South Precinct: To report a crime or contact an officer, call 911 in an emergency. For all non-emergencies, call 425-407-3999. Online crime reporting is available.
- Parks & Community Services closures:
- Forest Park Swim Center & Animal Farm
- Kasch Park Athletic Office & Recreation Office at Forest Park: limited staff available. Voicemails (425-257-8300) and emails (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be returned the next business day.
- Carl Gipson Senior Center: to-go lunches are provided M-F through the Homage senior lunch program.
- Most parks amenities are open for limited use following state and local health guidance.
Service changes until further notice:
- City Council meetings: council meetings will be held remotely at 6:30 p.m. except the fourth meeting of each month which will be at 12:30 p.m.
- Everett Fire: limiting visitor access to public at fire stations (tours, events). This does not affect responses.
- Everett Animal Shelter: adoptions by appointment only and limiting owner surrender and stray animal intakes. Please call the shelter for more information at 425-257-6000. Learn more.
- Public Works: maintenance division is prioritizing tasks necessary for public safety, transportation and utility services, including urgent repairs, emergency response and regulatory-compliance activities. Some work that is not immediately necessary is delayed until further notice. Public Works continues to log and respond to service requests.
- Events and gatherings permit requests are approved on a case-by-case basis, as allowed per state guidelines.
Programs, events, meetings and gatherings cancelled/postponed until further notice:
- All Parks & Community Services programs, events, facility rentals, activities and preschool: full refunds were issued to registered participants. Call the Recreation Office at 425-257-8300 ext. 2 if you have questions.
- All boards and commissions meetings, unless meeting remotely
- Station 4 Public Meeting Room events