Special Events


Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, the City of Everett will not issue special event permits until further notice. However, we are still encouraging event organizers to submit special event applications for review. Our staff will work with you to permit your event once the Governor’s ban on special events has been lifted.  If you have any questions, you may contact Tyler Chism, Tourism and Events Coordinator.

  1. Special Events
  2. Neighborhood Block Party
  3. Small Special Event
  4. Large Special Event
  5. Expressive Activities (Free Speech)

The City of Everett defines a “Special Event” as any temporary activity that affects the ordinary use of parks, public streets, rights-of-way, sidewalks, traffic, public transportation, etc. and/or generates large public participation.

All special event organizers must complete a Special Events Permit application according to the appropriate classification. City staff will review the application and department staff will communicate directly with the event organizer to clarify event plans or to provide additional direction.

A Special Event Permit will be issued to the applicant prior to their event. To apply, click on the tabs above to view details of the different special event types.

If you are planning a special event taking place on city right of way and in a city park, you will also need to apply for an outdoor/special use permit from the Parks and Community Services Department.

If you are planning an event only within a city park, you only need to apply for an outdoor/special use permit and not a special event permit.