Traffic Engineering

The traffic engineering group is responsible for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of the City’s transportation network.

Report a traffic concern

You can report a traffic, street, pedestrian or bike concern by completing our online form

To report a traffic violation, please contact Everett police. 

To report a blocked railway crossing, please visit the Federal Railroad Administration’s Blocked Crossing Incident Reporter. There are three public roadway grade crossings:

  • Railway Avenue (crossing ID: 084992M)
  • Pacific Avenue/Eclipse Mill Road (crossing ID: 084605T)
  • Lowell-Snohomish River Road (crossing ID: 084594H)

Contact traffic engineering for information about:

  • Guardrail and handrails
  • Oversize vehicle permits
  • Pavement markings
  • Street lights
  • Street signs
  • Traffic counts
  • Traffic crash reports
  • Traffic signals
  • Traffic studies

The Transportation Advisory Committee (TAC) is a citizen board that works with the city to discuss transportation issues.