- Your City
- Public Works
- Current and Planned Projects
- Summer street paving in Everett
Summer Street Paving in Everett
Construction of hot mix asphalt on select City streets, including grinding, utility adjustments, striping, channelization and traffic induction loops.
The overlay on Madison Street west of Evergreen Way will require a two-day closure of the intersection at Beverly Lane and Madison Street between the dates of May 30 and June 2. The closure will be in place from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. View the detour map for Beverly Lane here.
The overlay project is an annual asset management project to repair and maintain street surfaces for safety and ride-ability.
A typical overlay project involves several phases:
- Phase 1 - grinding down and removal of the top one to two inches of old pavement, installing traffic signal loops and repaving
- Phase 2 – adjusting the surface utilities in the roadway
- Phase 3 – adding striping and permanent pavement markings
Broadway from 41st Street to Hewitt Avenue (see map)
There will be night work at select locations along the route.
- I-5 northbound shoulder and exit ramps onto Broadway - Night work. Expect detours for all work between 10:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m.
- Broadway – 41st Street to 3501/3502 Broadway - Night work. Expect detours for all work between 10:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m.
- Broadway –35th Street to Hewitt Avenue (*with intersection exceptions) - Daytime work. Expect one lane to remain open in each north/south direction between 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. Expect traffic control setup as early as 6:00 a.m.
- Intersections: *Broadway & Pacific Avenue and *Broadway & Wall Street - Night work. Expect one lane to remain open in each north/south and each east/west direction between 7:00 p.m. and 4:30 a.m.
Madison Street from Sievers Duecy Boulevard to Commercial Avenue (see map)
Striping on this corridor will build one-way buffered bike lanes along both sides of Madison Street. Everett has chosen a design that improves bicyclist safety, maintains most on-street parking, provides traffic-calming effects and maintains vehicle capacity.
- The overlay on Madison Street west of Evergreen Way will require a two-day closure of the intersection at Beverly Lane and Madison Street between the dates of May 30 and June 2. This closure will also be in place from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. View the detour map for Beverly Lane here .
Crews will grind down and remove old pavement, install new traffic detection cameras and wires, and repave and restripe the roadway. Work may happen during the day and/or at night depending on the project. If a noise variance for nightwork has been approved, it will be listed on the right under “Related documents.”
Drivers can expect lane closures and traffic delays during construction. Signs will be posted advising motorists of detours, street closures and parking restrictions. The city’s contractor is responsible for notifying affected homes and businesses.
Start construction on Madison Street: Mid-May 2023
Start construction on Broadway: Late spring/early summer 2023