Summer Street Paving in Everett
Construction of hot mix asphalt on select City streets, including grinding, utility adjustments, striping, channelization and traffic induction loops.
View alternate routes for the 2023 Broadway paving.
The overlay project is an annual asset management project to repair and maintain street surfaces for safety and ride-ability.
A typical overlay project involves several phases:
- Phase 1 - grinding down and removal of the top one to two inches of old pavement, installing traffic signal loops and repaving
- Phase 2 – adjusting the surface utilities in the roadway
- Phase 3 – adding striping and permanent pavement markings
Broadway from 41st Street to Hewitt Avenue (see map)
There will be night work at select locations along the route.
- I-5 northbound shoulder and exit ramps onto Broadway - Night work. Expect detours for all work, 10:00 p.m. - 5:00 a.m.
- Broadway – 41st Street to 35th Street - Night work. Expect detours for all work, 10:00 p.m. - 5:00 a.m
- Broadway –35th Street to Hewitt Avenue - Daytime work for grinding and paving. Expect one lane to remain open in each direction, 6:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Broadway –35th Street to Hewitt Avenue - Night work for pavement marking, 10:00 p.m. – 5:00 a.m.
Madison Street from Sievers Duecy Boulevard to Commercial Avenue (see map)
Striping on this corridor will build one-way buffered bike lanes along both sides of Madison Street. Everett has chosen a design that improves bicyclist safety, maintains most on-street parking, provides traffic-calming effects and maintains vehicle capacity.
Crews will grind down and remove old pavement, install new traffic detection cameras and wires, and repave and restripe the roadway. Work may happen during the day and/or at night depending on the project. If a noise variance for nightwork has been approved, it will be listed on the right under “Related documents.”
Drivers can expect lane closures and traffic delays during construction. Signs will be posted advising motorists of detours, street closures and parking restrictions. The city’s contractor is responsible for notifying affected homes and businesses.
Construction on Madison Street: May and June 2023
Start construction on Broadway: Summer 2023