Do I need a film permit?

While filming (feature films, commercials, documentaries, student projects, television programming, music videos, still photography, public service announcements, or other filming/photography projects) in Everett, many activities require a Master Film Permit for the use of city streets, sidewalks, and public parking.

If your production meets any of the following criteria, you need a Film Permit:

  • Pedestrian activity will be interrupted during filming
  • Vehicle traffic will be interrupted on City streets during filming
  • Public parking will be reserved or impacted
  • A dolly, jib arm, light stand, generator, and/or other equipment will be used on a sidewalk, alley, or street
  • Wires or cables will be run across streets, sidewalks, or pathways
  • You are filming in a City park
  • Your footage/photos are for commercial use
  1. Private Property
  2. Parks
  3. Roving Permit

Do I need a permit to film on private property?

You do not need a film permit to film on private property unless you meet any of the following criteria:

  • You need to reserve street parking spaces for working production vehicles
  • You will be staging a generator or other equipment on public property, and/or will be running cables across sidewalks
  • You need to work outside of regular business hours (7 a.m.-10 p.m. on weekdays, 9 a.m.-10 p.m. on weekends)
  • You are performing stunts or using prop weapons within view of the public or adjacent properties
  • You are depicting a crime within view of the public or adjacent properties
  • Your work on private property will have an impact to the surrounding neighborhood