Application & Fees
At the Everett Animal Shelter we do our best to ensure animals get placed into the right homes, with the right family who can provide for the pet for the rest of its life. In order to best place our animals, we require:
- Potential adopters complete an adoption application. If approved, adopters can then interact with the animal they wish to adopt. It is best for all members of the household to meet the animal prior to going home.
- Renters bring rental pet policy at time of adoption. Not having the rental pet policy available may delay or nullify an adoption.
Animals are eligible to go home right away, so be prepared for your new animal to leave with you.
Note: Shelter staff reserve the right to deny any adoption.
- Adult cats (over 6 months): $50
- Kittens (6 months and under): $125
- Two kittens adopted at the same time: $200
Download and fill out a cat adoption application (PDF).
- Adult dogs (over 6 months): $150
- Puppies (6 months and under): $350
Download and fill out a dog adoption application (PDF).
Adoption Fees for cats and dogs include:
- Spaying / neutering
- First set of vaccines
- Flea treatment
- Feline leukemia (FeLV)/Feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV) combo test for cats
- 30-day pet insurance with valid email address
- Martingale collar and slip lead for dogs
- Collar and cardboard carrier for cats
Pet licenses are required for dogs and cats in the City of Everett, and unincorporated Snohomish County.
Critters & Birds
- Rabbits $35 (all rabbits are spay/neutered and microchipped)
- Guinea pigs $15
- Small rodents: as marked on the kennel card
- Birds: As marked on the kennel card
Download and fill out a small critter application (PDF)
We accept Visa, MasterCard, or cash payments. We are not able to accept checks for payment of fees or services.
Check out all of the cuties available for adoption at the shelter!