adoption POLICIES & Fees
Adoption procedures and policies
At the Everett Animal Shelter we do our best to ensure animals get placed into loving homes, with compatible families who can provide for the pet for the rest of its life. In order to best place our animals, we require:
- Potential adopters complete an online adoption application. If approved, adopters can then interact with the animal they wish to adopt. It is best for all members of the household to meet the animal prior to going home.
- Renters bring rental pet policy at time of adoption. Not having the rental pet policy available may delay or nullify an adoption.
- Adopters must be 18 years or older, and have valid drivers license or photo identification.
- Pet licenses are required for dogs and cats in the City of Everett and unincorporated Snohomish County.
- The adoption fee must be paid at the time of adoption. We accept Visa, Mastercard or cash. We are unable to accept checks for payment of fees or services.
- Note: Shelter staff reserve the right to deny any adoption if we feel it is not in the best interest of the animal.
In most cases, animals are eligible to go home right away, so be prepared for your new animal to leave with you.
ADOPTION FEES - CATS
- Cats (over 6 months): $50 - $100
- Kittens (6 months and under): $150 - $300
- Two kittens adopted at the same time: $250 - $300
ADOPTION FEES - DOGS
- Dogs (over 6 months): $150 - $375
- Puppies (6 months and under): $375 - $600
Adoption Fees for cats and dogs include:
- Spaying / neutering
- First set of vaccines
- Flea treatment
- Martingale collar and slip lead for dogs
- Collar and cardboard carrier for cats
ADOPTION FEES - CRITTERS & BIRDS:
- Rabbits $35 - $45 (all rabbits are spay/neutered and microchipped)
- Guinea pigs $45
- Small mammals: varies based on species
- Birds: varies based on species
Check out all of the cuties available for adoption at the shelter!