- Your City
The Everett Police Department uses the following guidelines when reviewing applicants for potential employment:
- No use of non-prescribed Adderall within the last year.
- Any injection of any non-prescribed drugs regardless of timeframe (except Anabolic steroids, see Schedule III drug standards).
- Any possession or recreational use of any non-prescribed Schedule I -V drug (except for Marijuana or Adderall) within the past three (3) years. This standard applies to synthetic versions of Schedule I and II drugs.
- Schedule I (RCW 69.50.204) – Examples could include: Heroin, Morphine, Ecstasy, LSD, Peyote, GHB, Methaqualone, mushrooms (Psilocybin).
- Schedule II (RCW 69.50.206) – Examples could include: Opium, Cocaine, Codeine, Hydrocodone, Oxycodone, Methadone, Methamphetamine, Amphetamine, Depressants, Hallucinogenic substances, etc.
- Schedule III (RCW 69.50.208) – Examples could include: Stimulants, Depressants, Ketamine, Anabolic steroids, Hallucinogenic substances, etc.
- Schedule IV (RCW 69.50.210) – Examples could include: Barbital, Diazepam, Fludiazepam, Halazepam, Lorazepam, Phenobarbital, etc.
- Schedule V (RCW 69.50.212)
- Any illegal use of drugs after submitting an application with any law enforcement agency.
- Any illegal use of drugs while employed by a law enforcement agency.
- Any pattern of prescription drug abuse within the past five (5) years.
- Any intentional inhalation (huffing) of any aerosol or substance (nitrous oxide, whippets, paint, glue, DXM, etc.) in the past three (3) years.
- You have been convicted of DUI within the past five years.
- You have two or more DUI convictions. (A diversion or similar action is the same as a conviction.)
- You have been convicted of any felony charges—traffic or criminal.
- You have been convicted of any crime involving false swearing.
- You have been dishonorably discharged from the armed services.
- You do not successfully pass a Department polygraph.
- You have been convicted of a domestic violence related crime.
- You are barred from legally possessing a firearm.
- You have engaged in any illegal sexual activity equivalent to a felony level crime. (e.g., rape, child molestation, indecent liberties, child pornography).
- You are unable to pass the Everett Police Dept. Physical Fitness Test.
- The use of marijuana will be evaluated while considering an applicant’s suitability. The frequency and recency of use will be weighed and may contribute to the disqualification of an applicant. Applicants must cease the use of marijuana and pass a drug test prior to receiving a final offer of employment.
- Any participation in the manufacture, selling, offering to sell, distribution or transportation for sale of any illegal drugs/narcotics, regardless of the time frame.
- The use of CBD oil, or similar products that contain THC, marijuana derivatives, byproducts or concentrates, will be evaluated when determining an applicant’s suitability. All applicants must cease the use of such products and pass a drug test prior to receiving a final offer of employment.
- Your traffic history shows a continuing and/or recent pattern of poor decision making.
- Your financial affairs or personal life shows a history of poor judgment and refusal to confront problems (e.g., nonpayment of child support, ignoring overdue bills, etc.).
- You have recently or are currently misrepresenting yourself or ignoring any laws (e.g., not paying taxes, using a false address for school tuition purposes, etc.).
- Your work history shows a pattern of unexcused absences, discipline, or discharge.
- People who know you have doubts about your honesty, integrity, or character.
- Illegal activity equivalent to a misdemeanor level crime will be evaluated for disqualification
Applicants are also cautioned that government clearances or success in other police agency selection processes are no guarantee of success in our process. This list is not all-inclusive and is intended only as a general guideline.