- Your City
- Engagement & Communications
- Comment and Posting Policy
Comment and Posting Policy
You are encouraged to share your comments, ideas, and concerns. Please be aware of the following policies for the City of Everett website and social media:
- The City of Everett will delete comments that contain abusive, vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language, personal attacks of any kind, or offensive terms that target specific individuals or groups.
- The City of Everett may delete comments that are clearly off-topic, that promote services or products, or that promote or oppose any political party, person campaigning for elected office, or any ballot proposition.
- Your comments are welcome at any time. We monitor our pages between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays. We do our best to respond to comments submitted at other times as soon as possible on the next business day.
- Gratuitous links to sites are viewed as spam and may result in the comment being removed.
- The content of all comments is immediately released into the public domain, so do not submit anything you do not wish to be broadcast to the general public.
- Do not post personally identifiable information such as social security numbers, addresses and telephone numbers. Comments containing this information will be removed from our pages.
- The City of Everett does not discriminate against any views, but reserves the right to remove posted comments that do not adhere to these standards.
Members of the media are asked to pose your questions to the City of Everett communications department through our normal channels.
The City of Everett retains records of the content on our pages, as is provided for in our records retention schedules and mandated by the Federal Records Act. These records include user comments and any personally identifiable information a commenter shares with the City of Everett. Because these records are collected from a public web site, it may be disclosed to others and used by the City of Everett in the conduct of agency business. Please do not share information such as social security numbers, birth dates, or other private information that you do not want to make available to others. The City of Everett disclaims any liability for any loss or damage resulting from any comments posted on this page. This forum may not be used for the submission of any claim, demand, informal or formal complaint, or any other form of legal and/or administrative notice or process, or for the exhaustion of any legal and/or administrative remedy.