The City has established a Safe Streets Flex Fund to provide immediate assistance for our chronically homeless residents as they confront barriers while seeking solutions for the challenges they face.
The Fund enables the City's embedded social workers, law enforcement officers, and CHART team to offer a variety of simple but necessary interventions. This support can make the difference between a new start and more of the same, between homeless and housed, and, at times, between life and death. The fund will help fill the gaps in services and financial obstacles our most challenged residents confront during that brief turning point when they are ready for help.
Examples of what the funds may be used for
- To transport (plane tickets, bus tickets etc.) an individual to medical appointments, detox, treatment, housing, or community/family of origin
- To provide a long-stay at a hotel for a homeless individual awaiting housing, detox, or services
- To provide groceries or vouchers for food
- To provide an ID card at the Department of Motor Vehicles
- To help clean clothes at the laundromat
- To provide incidentals while in transition to treatment or housing, such as shoes, clothes, bedding, toiletries, or communication devices.
- Donations are tax-deductible under section 170(c)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code since it will be made for a public purpose. The City's Federal ID # is 91-6001248
- Checks are made to City of Everett
- Include your name and mailing address so a receipt can be mailed to you
Mail or deliver checks to:
City of Everett, Safe Street Flex Fund
2930 Wetmore Avenue, Suite 10A
Everett, WA 98201
Learn more about other ways to give.