Q: Does Everett Animal Services respond to wildlife problems?
A: No, EAS has jurisdiction over domestic animals, such as cats and dogs, and livestock such as horses and goats.

Wildlife falls into the jurisdiction of the Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife. This includes deer, raccoons, coyotes, cougars, and bears. Contact the Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife at (425) 775-1311 for wildlife-related issues.

Local non-profit wildlife organizations may be able to provide assistance with urban wildlife issues or help injured animals. If you would like more information regarding a wild animal you found or if you’re not sure what to do call PAWS Wildlife at (425) 412-4040 or Sarvey Wildlife at (360) 435-4817.

Q: How do I submit complaints about barking dogs or other noisy animals?
A: Please see this page’s section on Animal Noise.

Q: How do I make a complaint?
A: Call us at 425-257-6000 to report animal related complaints. Be sure to have the animal owner address and an animal description prior to making the complaint or fill out the animal service request form

Q: Can I find out who made a complaint against me?
A: For these types of requests, please visit our public records portal. 

Q: Are chickens or livestock allowed in my neighborhood? 
A: Yes, owners of 6 or more chickens or other domesticated fowl or rabbits kept in outdoor hutches must obtain a small livestock permit. Owners of other livestock (in any quantity) must have a livestock permit. Call Animal Services at 425-257-6000 for more information.

Q: What should I do if I find deceased wildlife? 
A: Legally, wildlife under 15 lbs can be double bagged and put in your refuse. Anything over 15 lbs please file an online animal control complaint.

Q: What should I do if I find a deceased cat or dog?
A: Please complete an online animal service request form.

You should contact 911 anytime there is a life- threatening emergency in progress regarding an animal or a person.